Embarrassing situations

07:25
The more you experience, the more embarrassing moments you have. I also remember every single small detail of my first journey in Sapa last summer. A man I acquainted in Couchsuring picked me up at the bus station and then drove me to his mate's motel room. I took off the motorbike and felt a little bit embarrassed because all of guys around me were men. Two of them just woke up with half closed eyes. But luckily, there was one from my hometown who studied in Russia, just flying to Vietnam for summer vacation. He volunteered to guide me on the first day in Sapa.

The second embarrassing memory was in Hai Phong. I still remember it was a normal day like other days, there is one guy I just knew posted a status on Facebook, asking someone to travel with him to Hai Phong city. I thought he was just kidding so I left a comment "yes, me". And then he replied "you sure" so I replied "sure, of course", it seemed to be more seriously. After a few minutes, he sent me a message on messenger and asked me "babe, you want to go  with me, right?". So I thought why I couldn't because it was a chance for me to know one more city in the north of  Vietnam. He had a motorbikebb so he could help me to explore somewhere interesting in the new place. So then we chatted for about 10 minutes and then he gave me his phone number and told me to text message for him because he was at work. I started to commit with an embarrassing trip like that. Tomorrow morning, he was waiting for me in the street near my motel room. I just took some clothes because we stayed  in Vung Tau for 2 days and 1 night. I honestly believed that the friend I traveled with was worth relyng on because I used to talk to each other in a previous talkshow held by my company. At that time, I sat by this guy and talked a little bit, aroung 15 minutes or fewer. My most impression on him was that he read my blog first and then greeted me on messenger. We knew more about each other from then. I surely believed in him, the one one year older than me.

The third embarrassing situation happened to me this afternoon. I scheduled an appointment with one guy from US. He seemed to be very old,  approximately 50 years old or more than that. Before the meeting, Mr Thao whom I knew from Couchsurfing and then befriended with him on Facebook sent me message saying that he invited me for a cup of coffee and he would leave Vung Tau city for Ca Mau province this evening. I couldn't meet him this morning though I was entirely free but because I had some problems with my transportation so I couldn't meet him right away. So I thought twice about how to reply this message because I really wanted to meet him. After a little bit consideration, I replied him that I couldn't meet him this morning but this afternoon I had a meeting with a foreign friend at 4 p:m at Augusta Coffee in Thong Nhat street. Right away he left me a message saying that he could. Truth to be told, I didn't get used to using motorbike. When I borrowed my cousin' s motorbike, I found it hard to operate it because it was my first time to use this motorbike. I saw some  first trouble ocurring when I rode it for several metres and then I needed to stop for help from strangers on the street. I still heard strong noise releasing from the engine so I kept driving as slowly as possible. Amid the journey, I suddenly realised that I forgot my money at home. I stopped the motorbike near the pavement and checked the time. It was 3.31 pm which meant that I only had 29 minutes left. If I had come back, I would have been late for the meeting. But I didn't want to be late, the first meeting always needed impression, I didn't want to lose it. After thinking twice, I went on and thought about the previous message Mr Thao sent me "I want to invite you for a cup of coffee". I sadly hope that it will come true in a natural way. I don't want to let this situation happen once again in my life. I felt bad for my terrible memory, for my awkwaedness. I want to invite Mr Thao again not because I want to thank him for invitting me first but because I want to understand him more and more. During this afternoon, we only spoke in English because there was a foreign friend there. We didn't have a chance to know more about stories of each other. 

As I said above, the more you travel, the more awkwardness you experience. But these memories helped you a lot in enriching your life skills. 


Không có nhận xét nào:

Được tạo bởi Blogger.