why taking a gap year?

01:39
Friends ask me why I travel a lot like that and how I have that much money to go on frequent trips while I am still a student. I honestly have a humble budget that couldn't afford me to be on long journey; moreover, unlike full-time freelancers, I just save money first and then spend certain percentage of the money on traveling. I can work while going on vacation but I can't make enough money that enables me to pay for accomodation and other fees. Sometimes I need help from strangers who can host me or drive me to the place I want to discover but it doesn't happen often because most of the time, I myself pay them.


Traveling assists me a lot in discovering different kinds of people, traditions as well as particular culture in each area I have been through. Recently I have been in Sai Gon city for just one day and then head for Vung Tau city, enjoying the tourist city here with my cousin's family. Like many different districts in the south of Vietnam, Vung Tau now is in dry season so it is quite hot with sunny mornings and windy afternoons. Yesterday my cousin drove me and his family to Dat Do hometown where the hero Vo Thi Sau was born. The people there were really hospitable and generous. It looked as if we had come back to childhood.  Every house has a large garden with lots of green trees, vegetables, flowers. They served a lot of foods which come from their farms and gardens so every meal is definitely in good sanitation. 

Along with traveling, I can work and spend certain time learning new languages or communicating with foreigners from various countries in the world. The most unforgettable thing marking in my mind in Vung Tau is its infrastructure. I honestly assert that the transport here is far better than Hanoi capital, no traffic congestion, no peak hour. Every street is decorated with green trees and flowers. The land of breathtaking view here touches my heart. Rarely do I see garbage along the streets.  

This afternoon my sister drove me to Vung Tau center where I had a chance to see the beach full of tourists and boats. I felt like being lost in the heaven. Sometimes friends commune with me to share about their tiring time at school, I advise them travel. Taking a trip is never expensive as you thought. Whenever I tell my friends that I am about to travel somewhere, they become surprised with open eyes and say "So rich, babe". I then laugh "haha" and insist that I am on low budget but I know how to travel with a little money. Until I have a higher-paid job, I will still go on adventures with rich enthusiasm instead of a rich wallet. However, it always depends on your own standpoint to decide which way of life you have

Không có nhận xét nào:

Được tạo bởi Blogger.